If you are an international applicant applying for an F-1 student visa through California University-Silicon Valley (CUSV), you must submit the following documents along with the completed application. It is important to write your name as it appears on your passport on your application and all supplemental documents.
CUSV is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students who meet our general admissions requirements and to comply with all federal guidelines under the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Prepare all documents on check list.
- Submit all documents along with processing fee to CUSV. Payment method: 1. A check or money order in U.S. payable to CUSV. 2. Wire transfer to CUSV.
- Qualified applicants will receive Form I-20 issued by CUSV after tuition payment.
- Upon receipt of the I-20 form, the international student must complete payment for the US immigration 1-901 SEVIS fee of USD $200.00. Further information can be found at here.
- Applying for a nonimmigrant visa to enter the United States. Further information can be found at here
Visa application period may vary. Please submit application 2 months prior to new semester starts date.
Send applications to:
Admissions Office, California University – Silicon Valley
441 De Guigne Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94805
Check or Money Order payable to: California University-Silicon Valley
Wire Transfer to:
Office of International Student Advisor, California University – Silicon Valley
441 De Guigne Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94805
- Completed Application Form
- A Type written one-page Statement of Purpose. Your Statement of Purpose should include your background, your interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine and your plans after graduation.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Two recent photographs (2” passport photo)
- Copy of passport and ID card
- Two letters of reference sent directly to CUSV
- Transcripts sent from the college(s)/university(ies) you have attended which may apply to your degree or may be transferable towards the Master of TCM program
- TOEFL Score or IELTS Score
International Application Requirements
> Application Form
Submit the form along with a $100.00 non-refundable application fee plus
processing fee of $150 for abroad international students or
$50 for international students who currently reside in the United States.
If you have completed college or university level education in another country, you must have your transcripts reviewed by a credential evaluation agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. Transcripts need to be evaluated on a course-by-course basis. The evaluation, containing the total number of earned credits and cumulative GPA, needs to be be sent directly to California University-Silicon Valley Admission Office by the evaluating agency. You can find the list of agencies through National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc website: www.naces.org
We recommend World Educational Services (WES), www.wes.org
International Education Research Foundation, Inc. www.ierf.org
Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc. facsusa.com
> Affidavit of Financial Support
A Financial Statement, certified by a financial institution, verifying the availability of at least $35,000 in U.S. dollars. This amount should cover your education and living expenses for one academic year. If you need the university to issue an I-20 for your dependents, you will need to calculate an additional $5,000 for each dependent. In addition, you may want to consider having additional funds for off-campus months and miscellaneous expenses. We recommend having approximately $7,000 for this purpose. If your tuition or living expenses are going to be partially or fully paid by a sponsor, the Financial Statement must be signed by your sponsor, stating they assume financial responsibility for the designated amount.
Please submit as evidence of possessing financial resources to complete the academic program including mandatory bank balance statements.
> International Student Transfer Release
We cannot issue an I-20 until you submit this form to CUSV’s International Student Advisor.
> Proof of English Proficiency
English language competency is required of all students seeking admission to the program taught in English.
We accept two kinds of proof:
- Score at least 61 on the TOEFL iBT (www.toefl.org) with a minimum speaking score of 26 and a minimum listening score of 22.
- Score level 6 on the IELTS (www.ielts.org).
If you are an international applicant and have completed at least a two year (60 semester credit or 90 quarter credit) baccalaureate level education from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or from an equivalent English language institution in another country, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is not required.
> Copy of Passport
Submit a copy of passport.
Application requirement for Students currently studying in the US
If you are an international student who is currently on an F-1 student visa, enrolled at another college or university, you must submit the following documents along with your application materials:
> Previous I-20 Forms
Submit copies of all your previous I-20 forms.
> Copy of I-94 Form
> Copy of Valid Visa
Submit a copy of your valid visa.
Once you have been accepted to CUSV, a Transfer Release Form must be signed by your current school’s admissions office, verifying you have maintained your visa status and are eligible for transfer. Please contact the CUSV admissions office to receive a copy of this form.