Transfer students are required to successfully complete a minimum one (1) academic year of the program as a full time student (48 units) in residence to graduate from CUSV.
All official transcripts containing coursework that you wish to submit must be sent to the CUSV Office of Admission.
- Up to 100% transfer credit for certain courses successfully completed at a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U. S. Secretary of Education or, in the case of foreign institutions, recognized by the appropriate governmental agency.
- Transferable courses: biology, chemistry, physics, psychology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, nutrition and vitamins, history of medicine, medical terminology, clinical science, clinical medicine, western pharmacology, practice management, ethics, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Up to 100% transfer credit for certain courses successfully completed at a school approved by the California Acupuncture Board, provided that the coursework is equivalent to the relevant coursework/hours required at CUSV.
- Transferable courses: traditional Oriental medicine, acupuncture anatomy and physiology, acupuncture techniques, acupressure, breathing techniques, traditional Oriental exercise, and traditional Oriental herbology
- Up to 100% transfer credit for actual Western medical coursework hours that have been successfully completed at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U. S. Secretary of Education, or in the case of foreign institutions, approved by the appropriate government agency, provided that the coursework is equivalent to the relevant coursework/hours required at CUSV.
- Up to 50% transfer credit for acupuncture and/or Oriental medicine coursework that has been successfully completed at an institution not accredited by the California Acupuncture Board but accredited by an agency recognized by the U. S. Secretary of Education. In the case of foreign candidates, the institution must be accredited by the appropriate governmental agency.
- In addition, CUSV may require you to take an examination in the subject areas before awarding credit. You must demonstrate a level of knowledge comparable to that achieved by a CUSV student.
- A maximum of 50% of the required clinical coursework and instruction at CUSV may be awarded.
- No credit will be awarded toward the clinical coursework and instruction required at CUSV for Western medical internship or residency training.
- Course work taken at another institution after admission to CUSV is not transferable unless approved in advance in writing by the Academic Dean.
- Students may not be concurrently enrolled in another Oriental medicine program.
- Courses completed over ten years ago cannot be transferred unless the student currently works in a field relevant to the courses.
- In some special conditions, students may be able to take an exam for credit for courses completed over ten years ago (upon approval of the Academic Dean)